Taps gauge problems - trim tab module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps gauge problems - trim tab module

Could anyone please help. I have scoured all other post related to taps issues however have not come across the same issue as I am having.
    I have a 2011 rz2 and am having problems with the taps2 gauge not working (the tab itself works fine however neither the analogue or touch screen gauge indicates what position the tab is in).
    I have checked wires to/from the motor/tab to the gauges/wiring loom and all test ok. I have found when I disconnect the medallion trim tab module under the dash the gauges move to position 8. If I plug the medallion trim tab module back in the gauges move to position 1 (and with the module connected or unplugged the taps plate moves however the gauge does not). Does anyone know where I could get a replacement 'medallion trim tab module' or if there is something else I could try?

Cheers.

It maybe the hydraulic actuator itself. It has a sensor inside that moves with the cylinder giving the gauge/s the reading.
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Comment

Originally posted by lalijaca View Post
      It maybe the hydraulic actuator itself. It has a sensor inside that moves with the cylinder giving the gauge/s the reading.
      When I test the green wire coming from the hydraulic ram I am getting signals when I trim up/down.

Comment

So you are getting different readings as the actuator goes up and down. The actuator will fail before the gauge in my opinion. Speak to Bennet and ask them for an actuator exploded view.
        Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Comment

I had the same thing happen on my 2012 RZ4 (twice). I replaced the Actuator (easy job) and all was well!

Comment

I also had the actuator go bad on my RZR and it was easy to replace myself. Call Bennet they are awesome to work with!

Comment

Did you get your problem resolved? I am having same problem. Can someone explain how the actuator sends a signal when there is no wire coming from it. The only thing that goes to the actuator is the single line that contains hydraulic fluid. I'm confused.
              2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
              360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Working...
              X