Bilge Turns on panel light but pumps nothing out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilge Turns on panel light but pumps nothing out

Today I had the bilge pump auto start and nothing came out.

I pulled boat out and drained at ramp.

Cleaned screen out.

Went back in to river and again after an hour of boating the auto bilge seems to turn on per panel light but not a drop comes out of the hole in the hull.

I tried manual and still nada comes out.

When I exited water again I drained and a lot of water came out.

Talk about tough to get to!

My bilge is behind the motor and requires getting into the cooler space to reach!

I used my kid to fit in there.

Any one know what might cause my bilge to turn the panel light on but not pump?

What model pump does Tige use?

I recall its 500GPH . Is it a rule mate?
    Last edited by Wake Havasu; 05-15-2006, 07:03 AM.

You pump should be the Rule Mate 500. Is the pump coming on when the light comes on or is just the light coming on? Blow in to the fitting in the outside and see if there is a restriction in the hose.

Comment

Sounds like your hose is stopped up or your pump is worn out. I do not know how old your boat is but I have had to replace mine about every three or four years.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
        You pump should be the Rule Mate 500. Is the pump coming on when the light comes on or is just the light coming on? Blow in to the fitting in the outside and see if there is a restriction in the hose.
        Thanks Lee next time I am with my boat I shall try to see if there’s a hose obstruction.

And I have my kid back there in the cooler space when I flip the pump switch to see if he can hear the pump turn on.

Its a new 2006 24ve boat with 50 Hours on it.

Comment

Wake Havasu...just a thought... I really got down around the engine and in the hatch areas behind the engine and vacuumed out a fair amount of fiberglass shavings or something along that line. It seems like some falls down there every time we take the boat out...I guess that is a version of shake down...

You might have some luck keeping your pump a little freer of debris if you get the shop vac down there for a good cleaning... \

I hope all is well... wrangler

Comment

Working...
          X