Hour Meter Reset Itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hour Meter Reset Itself

Last weekend when I had my boat out I noticed the engine hours on my 06 24 ve had reset itself. Not sure how this happeend or what caused it so I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen. The boat should of had 167 hours on it and nothing was done way out of the ordinary. Here are the only things I can think of. I have an inverter with gator clips that I use to pump up a tube for my kids which we've used multipe times before. Normally I turn the boat off before connecting the gator clips but my buddy connected while the boat was still turned on, nothing out of ordinary happened when he did that in regards to the boat acting funny. Also, I went to turn the boat back on after floating dumping the sacs but for some reason I didnt bring the throttle all the way back to neutral, I tried turning the key three times then realized i'm an idiot and put the throttle back into neutral and it fired right up. Besides those two things everything was else was normal business.

That happened twice to me on my '05 24V. Never discovered the cause, but it was only an issue with the hour meter on the dash. The computer on the engine still had the correct hours, so I could get them when I brought the boat in for service.

Comment

Its a known occurrence on the faria gauge to have the hour meter reset if there is a low voltage event. As stated the actual engine hours are stored by the ecm. These are readable with a scan tool.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X