cup holder cutout size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cup holder cutout size?

on an '04 22v, does anyone know what the diameter of the cutout is for the cupholders?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to remove one of the cupholders (probably the one between the glove box and the windshield) to make a vent for the storage area- since my amps are generating a lot of heat.
    Freude am Fahren.

3.770"

Comment

thanks lee! I'm going to put a 92mm fan underneath, in place of the cupholder... the only problem is that any of the "cool" fan grilles that I've found are 80mm or 120mm.
      Freude am Fahren.

Comment

That is why we use the higher end Audiobahn amps with the built in cooling fans.

Comment

why not use a 12V fan? Just fab a mount, or even mount it on the Amp. Then let it blow air across the heat sink (fins). Since it's 12V, you can cut off the cig lighter adaper, and just run it off a 12V source.

Something similar to this.

http://app.infopia.com/Shop/Control/...d/0/rid/120140

Easier, cheaper, ....

Comment

I believe he wants to remove the heat through the cut-out.

Comment

Ruune,
              What if you used a hole saw and cut a hole in the bottom of your cup holder? You could put your 80mm grill in the bottom of the cup holder and mount the fan to the cup holder. If someone did put a beer in the cup holder, the grill would keep it from getting into the fan. That install would be basically invisible.

Comment

So, if he used it as an intake, his beer would cool his amp...sweet!
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

He would have to drink beers faster or they might get warm and someone else would have to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
                    3.770"
                    Any idea where I might find some stainless cup holders for my '99 2100v Limited?
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I saw some on ebay not to long ago.

Comment

Here is a link to Rex Marine

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2...drinkholderslg

And TH Marine

http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=205
                        Last edited by xpjim1; 05-12-2006, 02:26 PM.
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

Do the old ones just pop out?

Comment

On the older boats they will just pop out, new boats take a little more pop to come out.

Comment

Mine's a '99 2100v Limited. Any thoughts on what to pop them out?

Comment

Working...
                              X