Tracking problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking problem???

Hey guys. I took out my 2004 Tige 24v this weekend. One thing I noticed while riding behind it is the boat maintains an angle to the right as it is going straight. The boat is tougher to turn to the left. The salesman said this was normal due to the rotation of the prop. At high speeds it can be very difficult to turn left. Do you think this is an allignment problem of the rudder, a cable problem or other????? Also how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated?

Most boats used to pull touneys have this same "feature". The rotation of the prop is one part of the issue, but also the rudders are sometimes offset a bit. It is usefull to help maintain a straight line through a ski course. The theory being it is easier to hold a straight line if you have some imput from the boat to hold against.

I have been in a Tige that if you took your hand off the wheel the thing would shoot to the right, pulling a hard enough turn that you really had to brace yourself.

The other answer is that these are hand made boats, and sometimes the rudder alignment is off just enough to cause the symptoms you are describing.

I have seen threads on Wakeworld on how to grind the rudder to compensate..I belive does not take that much grinding. I would be pretty leary of doing that myself.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Surprisingly the boat does not pull. It will go straight fine and turns to the right very easy, turning left is stiff and gets worse with speed.

Comment

Working...
      X