2010 RZ2 Where is my Horn? Tower/Docking Lights inop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 RZ2 Where is my Horn? Tower/Docking Lights inop

I spent about 4 hours yesterday wire chasing everything that comes off my batteries and figuring out how this beast works. The amazing difference between the House (deep cell) batt and the Starter battery I found out was only my stereo (both amps) is hooked up to the house batt!! All other accessories are connected to the starter battery. My on/off switch merely opens and closes the starter circuit which also powers the engine, ignition, and Tige touch.

long story short... My HORN is not working (have power to the push button switch) and can't find the horn itself to further troubleshoot.

My Tower/Docking lights are not working either. Every other light on the boat works as advertised however these docking lights are not working at all. They use to a couple months ago however I think something shorted out somewhere. The fuses next to the manual switches under the dash are not blown at all, I don't know of any other fuses for this system. Any ideas?

I do need the HORN though, got stopped at lake texoma over the fourth...thank god I had a plastic whistle that sufficed as a noise producing device.

Thank you all for any ideas.
    2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
    Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

You checked for 12V going into the horn switch, but did you test for 12V leaving the switch when the button is pushed? The horns are typically mounted under the helm and look like a snails shell. Bout the same as the do in cars. it has a ground wire, so dont overlook it during your testing.

Did you check the bulbs? Pull the bulbs and check them with a meter. You can also use a volt meter to test for B+ and B- at the socket when the switch is turned on. Start there and then back track as needed.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The horn on some of the RZ2 s were behind the front intake vent in the bow. Also check the relay on the power box ive found a few mounted wires facing up and water gets in and ruins the relay.

Comment

The relay could be a pobility since this all seemed to start when i hosed off the entire outside and interrior during a wash with a hose. Could water have gotton inthere?
        Where are these relays? powe box? the black one with the manual switches with the 40amp breaker on the left hand side?

There are two orange wires comming out of the horn switch, one had constant power and when i checked the other with a test light (button pushed and not pushed) i didn't get a light.

Thanks for all your help! i hope i didn't mess anything up during the wash.
        2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
        Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

Working...
        X