taps gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taps gauge

I just got a 1998 pre2050. I have not had it in the water yet. The only thing thats not working is the taps gauge. Any ideas on how to go about correcting this? Also I noticed that the cylinders for the tap's system move in and out with approx. 2" of travel. Is this about the right amount of travel? Thanks for any help you can provide.

You might want to check the ground wire on the guage. That seems to cause problems with the taps guages. The travel seems about right. I will check mine next time I am in my boat. I do not keep my boat at home.

Comment

On the earlier models the TAPS gauge would get stuck after prolonged storage. Alot of times you just have to "tap" on the gauge with the plate in the "down" position.
      2" is about right for travel.
      Greg Denton
      former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

Taps

If only everything in life was as simple as this. Gave the gauge a couple of taps, and now its working fine. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Greg Denton
          former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

So, does that make them luv taps?
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by Tige M.D.
              On the earlier models the TAPS gauge would get stuck after prolonged storage. Alot of times you just have to "tap" on the gauge with the plate in the "down" position.
              2" is about right for travel.
              That what made them think of the acronym T.A.P.S. ??
              Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Working...
              X