Z3 Cooler Drain problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 Cooler Drain problem

Any one run into a problem with the cooler draining into the floor of the boat getting everything all wet in the portside storage compartment?

We have a 2013 Z3 and it seems that there should be a drain pipe connected to the drian?????

I have a 2013 Z1 doing the same thing have you found a fix, so frustrating this is the second water leak i have had in the 3 months i have owned it.

Comment

This is one of the most common problems with tige. The factory does not seal the drain with silicone or use hose clamps for the drain hose. My fittings were loose as well. My cooler is behind the driver so I had to climb under the seat through the rear locker to add some silicone and tighten the fitting and I put a hose clamp on the hose that drains the cooler into the bilge. I don't know how to reach this area in the bow of the Z3 but that's how to fix the wet floor.

After all these threads I'm surprised tige isn't fixing this annoyance at the factory or at least instructing dealers to seal it up during the dealer prep.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

well i did not get a call back from my dealer or Tige so i took the stews out of the drain to see is a hose is loose or something simple, what i found i cant believe! no hose no nothing just the carpeted floor! some one please tell me this is not how they build these boats and maybe my boat is missing something?! I love my boat but this is a joke!!!!

Comment

You should be missing something but like I said, mine was not tight, not sealed with anything and there wasn't a hose clamp on the drain hose to the bilge from the barb of the drain fitting.

Comment

I know the RZR is not the same as the Z3 but I pulled my cooler out and it has a hose connected going thru a hole in the floor draining to the bottom of the hull.

My carpet gets wet on the starboard and port side when I accidentally take on water over the bow and there are no drain holes in the bow to drain to the hull that I ca tell. Maybe the carpet is covering the drain holes in the hull.
            Nick
            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

ya my boat must be missing parts i have nothing when i pulled the hardware out (the actual drain) theres no hose no hole in the floor nothing but carpet. I will call Tige again and update with what they say.

Comment

got a call back today from Tiga looks like they skipped a step when building my boat and did not drill the drain whole in the floor if any one else is experiencing the unexplainable water i would ck your cooler. I will say this even though it sucks to have a problem its nice to have a manufacture that will help you to make it right!!

Comment

Sounds like a quality control problem to me.

Comment

My portside compartment gets wet also but I have never used my cooler? I pretty sure its from the ballast pumps in the bow.

Comment

Just helped my friend trouble shoot his 2013 Z3 cooler. Sure enough, cooler is draining on floor with no hose or hole in floor to drain into hull. Looks like a trip to Lowes for a hose and drill hole saw blade to cut a hole into the floor. How many 2013 Z3 have this problem?

To figure out if you have a hose, remove 2 screws in cooler drain hardware and see if your drain hardware has a hose connected. if not, you will just see the floor. You may need a flash light.
                      Nick
                      Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Unfortunately my Z3 has this same problem. I posted some pictures that I hope shows what the problem is. When you open my cooler drain plug there is nothing, no drain tube, no hole where water could drain or a tube could be attached and inserted.

Piss poor attention to detail and I wonder if they will come out with a fix. I mean the cooler just drains on top of the floor. I mean in some of the pictures you can see the water just sitting there an inch or 2 below the cooler drain plug. First picture you can see the reflection of the water just sitting there. My boat is out of the water just sitting on the trailer, so you can imagine if you drain your cooler while your boat was in the water, the water just sits there in a big puddle till you start driving around then it just sloshes to either side and soaks your carper. If your floor is always wet might want to check and see where your cooler is draining to. Might not be the ballast bags, might be the cooler with no drain hose or drain hole. This thread should be moved to the general discussion not enough exposure here.

z3 030.jpgz3 031.jpgz3 033.jpgz3 035.jpg
                        Last edited by ironpeddler; 08-29-2013, 03:52 AM.

Comment

This should be an easy fix from your dealer. My RZR had the same issue. I had to take it in twice to get fixed but then they got it squared away. Im suprised so many people are having this issue. Tige told me they have never heard of this issue before.

Comment

I guess tige never heard about this problem because dealers are either fixing it or individuals are fixing it like me. My cooler had a loose connection for the hose and it just leaked on the floor in the rear cabin. I used silicone and hose clamps but never told tige about it but it sounds like it happens on LOTS of boats. Hopefully tige knows about it now and takes care of it for all the new boats coming off the line and at the dealers.

Comment

Working...
                            X