Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z and Tige touch questions.

Alpha Z:
    The swivel on my tower won't click into place when I switch over to rope on top position. The "female" piece is too short and doesn't engage the "male " springed ball bearing, is there a way to adjust this?

Tige touch:
    I hope an upgrade will fix this but;
    1) I have to switch the boat off every time I want to change rider profiles otherwise it stays locked on one
    2) when manually setting the speedset it sometimes locks in the speed and other times not
    3) I have to manually pair the bluetooth devices every time the boat is turned off

Are these the norm?

I have to manually pair my phone every time for bluetooth as well not sure an update will fix that as I just installed another new update just a week ago, however an update should fix your other Tige Touch issues.

Comment

Has anyone had any issues with TigeTouch Communicating with their head unit? I have checked all fuses, connections (what i can get to) but my TigeTouch still wont control volume... Even further, when i go to the audio section, i cannot turn the head unit off, select the source, control any track volume. The buttons act like tige touch isnt even responding, but when i hit the AUTOVOL button it works, visually that is..

Anyone have any suggestion... *note it used to work, so im blaming a connection issue... is there a way to pull the Tige Touch out of the dash and look at the back??

Thanks,
      Last edited by bherrm; 08-06-2013, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Bherrm

IIRC, the TT interfaces with the Clarion head-unit as if its a remote. If your boat also has a transom remote, I would look for the black Y cable that plugs into the round 8 pin port on the back of the head-unit. The length of the cable is only about 8", so the remote and TT cable will not be far from the back of the head-unit. Next step would be to find that same cable @ the TT.

BDog,

The BT is on switched ignition, same as the head-unit, and is powering down when the key is turned off as it is rotated to ACC. This requires it to re-pair with the transmitter.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthrill,

I do have a transom remote... which is also not working.... I have checked the y cable with the 8 pin port, and it seems to be connected well. I have disconnected and reconnected and have not seen a change... is there a way to reset the IIRC??

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by bherrm View Post
            chpthrill,

I do have a transom remote... which is also not working.... I have checked the y cable with the 8 pin port, and it seems to be connected well. I have disconnected and reconnected and have not seen a change... is there a way to reset the IIRC??

Thanks,
            Ok, since the stereo control through the TT and the transom remote do not function, the problem could be the Y cable itself., such as a bent pin or not fully seated into the head-unit or the head unit itself. But, it can also be an issue with either the TT or the remote. A faulty remote can kill the function of all the others.

Try removing the Y cable and plug the two cables into the head-unit directly, one at a time if. If both work, then you know its the Y cable. If one works and not the other, then the problem would lie with the one that didnt work when plugged up by itself.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Dude! i just read on another forum... and that is what i tried.. so far i plugged the TT in directly and it is working... i am assuming that the transom remote has some sort of a short in it (although it does light up)... i was so excited i just said F-it and am happy with the TT working... we are about to go on a 5 day trip so this was huge!

I will try while im out seeing if I can get the Transom remote to work, and if so then ill know that it is the Y cable and a simple replacement would be an easy fix!

CHPTHRIL - THANKS AGAIN FOR COMING THROUGH HERE!!!! i have no Tige dealer within 5 hours of me so i have become a my own Maintenance crew!

Comment

Well... im too impatient... i went back out and checked if just the transom remote would work on its own and it Does NOT work. It lights up but doesnt control the Clarion at all... So that was the root of the problem...

Thoughts here? would this be a warranty issue? I have tried to check the connections, and it is getting power, and i didnt notice anything loose on it...

Thanks again mate!!

Comment

Ok, there is one more connection right the remote as is has only a short lead then the extension cable. If that connection is good clean and fully seated, then its the remote. Your dealer would be able to determine is its a warrantable. Its an easy swap to replace it.

Comment

Thanks, Just tried to reload Viper update, ended up with locked blue screen. I'll restart, Reload and failing that I'll drop it at the dealer, maybe try get a boat a detail for my efforts......not likely though.

Comment

The transom remote usually linked directly to the head unit and Touch control the head unit passively.
                      Try to update the touch software if everthing can be fixed

Comment

Working...
                      X