Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Rz2 only radio / engine power. Nothing else works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Rz2 only radio / engine power. Nothing else works!

In our 2008 rz2 only the radio and the engine has power to start. The blower and ballast bags etc won't work at all including lights and such.

Is there a quick reset button somewhere that I'm missing? I can't seem to find the problem. All I did yesterday was install a new battery in

Pull the battery back out and look for a wire that you forgot to connect (could be ground or positive). I have done this a time or two myself when getting the boat ready for summer after a long winter. The factory wires get tangled up pretty easily and one gets left out.

Comment

^ Yep, sounds like the helm BUSS ground got overlooked.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I wish I could send a pic but just on my phone. I'm pretty sure all the cables are connected

Comment

Does the one wire off the thermal circuit breaker go to positive or negative? Right now the little wire that runs off it is on positive and I'm thinking maybe it belongs on negative?

Comment

What color is it? Mike would know better than I but I think all of the positive connections are red. Sounds like that wire should go on positive. Do you have the 2 battery setup or a single?

Comment

2 battery set up. This is complicated stuff! I wish my dad took a picture before he tore it all apart. Old dogs eh

Comment

I got it! You were right it was the helm buss was on a ground instead of positive!!! Thanks so much guys!!!

Comment

Nice troubleshooting from chpthrill! Glad you got it all sorted out, have fun out there!

Comment

Was the helm bus wire black.

Comment

Working...
                    X