Two easy questions, battery and taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two easy questions, battery and taps

As I posted previously, taps on a 22 2008 ve started slowly going out, with the help of yall, I found the pump, I filled it full of ATF (of which it was empty) I try to use it, it moved about an inch and stopped. I can hear the pump make a click but no hum when the button is pushed either way. I then disconnected the hydraulic line, which was under pressure and then I was able to move the plate, but it had a relatively strong pull to go to the up (Taps 8) position, of where it was when it quit working. Even with it disconnected it would not stay down. I had my wife hold it completely down, then I reattatched it to the pump, with the hopes of keeping it a useable position of 1 or 2 or something other than 8. It did not work, it went to five and with a little pressure went back to 8.

I assume that since I here a clicking when the button is pushed that my button is fine, and since I can move it my piston is ok, so it should be that the hydraulic motor is dead. I did try to use it with they hydraulic line not attatched, but nothing happen.

Second small issue, I have a dual battery perko setup, I have the main battery with the normal large connectors red on positive and black on negative, then I have a red wire on the positive accessory post and a black wire on the negative accessory post from the second batter, but I have one smaller black wire with a red stripe that goes on one of the accessory post, I can't remember which one, if I touch it to the negative nothing happens, if it touch it to the positive, there is a small spark. With it on the positive or negative, I can't tell that anything is difference and with out it, I still can't see any difference. Where does it belong, the opening is large, making me think positive, but the sparking makes me think no.

Thank you for your help curing my ignorance.
    The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

Pictures of the wires may help but I'm sure Chpthrill will be along shortly to tell you what the mystery wire is.

The pump may be bad but I'm thinking possibly the relay that controls the pump is the most likely suspect. You can tell by disconnecting the relay from the pump and just using battery power to see if the pump works in the up and down directions. If it does its definitely the relay.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

how small is that dark wire with red tracer, like 14 or 16 ga? Is there an inline fuse holder about 6" down from the ring terminal? The only one that comes to mind thats factory is the auto bilge B+ that should be connected to the main craning B+.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes it is small, like a 14 gauge, it is currently pouring outside, i can take a picture and send it as soon as it stops. Never fails to bring the boat home to get it cleaned and maintained and it rains.

I would bet that chpthril is correct, seems like the bilge would have to be directly wired to battery and not go through the Perko switch. It ring terminal is wide to fit the B+, but the fact that it was black made me second guess. I will send pics soon hopefully
        The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

Comment

battery.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X