Engine code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine code

I have a 2012 R20 with 343hp PCM. It keeps throwing a code about the TPS( Throttle Position Sensor) Dealer keeps resetting the error but every time I engage the throttle the error appears! Dealer replaced sensor once already so it must be something else! Any suggestions?

I have an 06 24Ve with the same code/problem. I believe it is a code 81. I pulled my PPS (pedal position sensor) from the throttle lever mechanism last night. I am having trouble finding that part online. I have read that that particular code could be a variety of problems; oil pressure, engine temp, fuel pressure, etc...at least in 06. I would really like to hear any solutions as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Parker View Post
      I have a 2012 R20 with 343hp PCM. It keeps throwing a code about the TPS( Throttle Position Sensor) Dealer keeps resetting the error but every time I engage the throttle the error appears! Dealer replaced sensor once already so it must be something else! Any suggestions?
      Every code will have a sequence of diagnostic steps that need to be fallowed to find the root cause. Codes are often mistook as pointing to an actual single component that needs to be swapped, but thats not the case. I would recommend the dealer actually read the date stream for the TPS while the boat is sea trialed. I would also contact PCM and inquire about any TSB'd related to a TPS code. it may be something they are aware and already know the solution.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Parker View Post
        Did you figure it out?

Comment

2013 rz4 had same proplem, it was at dealer for 6 weeks. turned out to be a Crank Sensor

Comment

Working...
          X