05 22v prop strut removal method??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 22v prop strut removal method??

Hello.... I just found that the strut support is bent from a rather minor contact with a sandy bottom... anyhow... I can feel three nuts under the motor on the port side and one is blocked by the steering cable mount. However, I can't see or touch the nuts under the motor on the starbord side at all. Lots of stuff in the way.

It's a 5.7 Mercruiser.

I searched the forum but didn't find any specific details on the procedure.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    2003 Tige 22V w/315hp Merc.. and loving it!!

Ther are 6 bolts with nuts.Yes they are a pain in the azz to get to.You have to have someone lay down in there and hold the nuts with a wrench from the inside while someone loosens them from the bottom. As you can see I bent mine and had to change it out. Its not that hard once you figure out how to get down in there. Think skinny! You will make it!!
    And make sure you change it before you do this like I did...It gets more expensive if this happens!!!!!
    This is my prop shaft seal that got tore up because the strut was bent and I didnt know it and kept using the boat...so dont make this mistake. its another couple hundo in parts and alot more labor!! Good luck!

Comment

I have a bent Strut as well and was curious where you bought your new strut from and is there a part number for the strut?

Thanks for any help you can e

Tundra

Comment

Working...
      X