Towing questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NICKYPOO
    Toyota is off the hook right now. What they are doing to NASCAR Craftsman Truck series is nothing short of pure dominance. Last week the top 5 trucks were all Toyota. It's like that every week. Their performance division (TRD), as a whole, is one of the best in the business. They continue to put out quality products and inovations. That being said, that is the ugliest damn truck I have ever seen. It looks like a Ford and a Dodge mated.
    I think I mentioned this once before, but the Bass Master's Tour was in town last fall, and a great majority of those guys were pulling their boats with Toyota's. I don't know if Toyota is a sponsor (I presume they are) but there were a bunch of them.

I caught a couple of them at the gas pump and one of the Trucks had 175K miles on it. It looked pretty new, like 03 or 04. The guy said it had pulled his boat most of those miles, and he hasn't had one problem.

Granted Bass boats aren't nearly as heavy, but I thought that was a pretty good testimonial. Made me think about it, and I am pretty hardcore Detroit Iron.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

hold on to your knickers- Ford is going to be offering a 4.4L turbodiesel V8 for the 2008 year model F150 (and probably the stretched expy). Specs are rumored to be 300-330hp w/ around 420 ft-lbs of torque, mated to a 5-speed auto, and getting 30mpg.

For more info, check:
      http://rovering.squarespace.com/jour...arch-2006.html

Also, there is a rumor of some sort of new hybrid that transfers kinetic energy into hydraulic cylinders while braking, then back to the wheels when accelerating. Supposedly, its supposed to get 60mpg in the city. we'll see. Right now, I'm more excited about the turbodiesel F150 w/ a 5-speed! I wonder if I could shoehorn that beast into a tige?
      Freude am Fahren.

Comment

At least the 5.7L engine is manufactured at Toyota's Alabama engine plant.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
        X