Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 2002 FSLM resurection

Hi all,
    I have a couple of questions, I searched the forums and have not found what I need, sorry if these questions have already been asked.
    I am new to the forum and new to owning a Tige. I recently bought a 1995 2002fslm that was swamped this last season. The Engine has been rebuilt as well as the transmission. I have replaced the wiring and electronics that needed it. I have also added two large bilge pumps so hopefully this will not happen again. I have replaced all the carpet and am working on the upholstery now. I have been looking for some small parts that I have been unable to locate though. I need to get the port side rear vent (top of transom), as it was lost. I have searched the internet and have been unable to locate any. I also would like to replace the exhaust flappers (baffels) but have also been unable to find these. Also where would I find a parts manual for this boat? Thank you for your help.
    Thanks,

Can you post some pictures of the items your looking for from past pictures before tear down?

Comment

You mean an exhaust flapper like this? This is shown with the transom side facing the camera. If you were looking at the boat you would see the other side.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BBB137159

Comment

Pics

Sorry, I should have posted pics in the first place.
        I have uploaded pics of the vent and the flapper. I will put up pics of the build in a bit.
        Jason
        Attached Files

Comment

Ditch the flappers and put on an FAE. If you want the flappers back, I will send you my old ones if I can find them. FAE is much better though.

Comment

flapper

What is FAE? Sorry, I am new to inboard direct drive systems.

Comment

Fresh Air Exhaust
              http://www.freshairexhaust.com/
              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I would find a place that has rubber sheet in the right thickness and make new flappers.

Comment

thx

Thanks for the info on the FAE, its pretty awesome I will probably do that this fall but for now I just need to get this boat on the water. Also thanks for the info on making my own. I really would just like to order a set of flappers, sometimes it is worth my time to just order parts rather than try and source the right thickness / durometer rubber. . Also is there a manual for these boats?

Comment

I'm not sure on the size, but here are two I found.
                    http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Gr...9&CFTOKEN=2990
                    http://www.keitheickert.com/c-469-re...-flappers.aspx
                    Last edited by TeamAllen; 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM.
                    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

thanks

thanks everyone

Comment

What about these...

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=50678
                        The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

holy crap! that is exactly what i need! THANK YOU!.

Comment

More pics of the machine dude! I wanna see the rest of it. I'm particularly interested in the hinges for the rear hatches. They look pretty unique for the hinge world.

It's great to see some rebuild/ refurb action. Wish I could help on the rear vent. Actually, that was the Fineline hull. I think it was also produced as a Centurion. You might want to look up those two Fineline and Centurion. It might have been produced as a Malibu but, DQMOT.

x3 on the FAE. I will not own a towboat without one. Best upgrade ever.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Here are a couple pics of the restoration of our 95 fslm. The boat took two large waves over the bow on a windy day last summer. We bought it after it was swamped and the previous owner decided it was more work than they wanted to do to repair it. The hull was still sound, with no cracks or damage so it seemed like a good solid project. There were two windows broken (it liked to corkscrew and roll over in the water when the sheriff was towing it back to the launch). The carpet was soaked with oil, and the interior was missing a few cushions. Obviously most of the electronics were shot as well from being submerged in the Columbia river. The engine was hydro locked from sucking water in while running at full throttle when the owner attempted to bring the bow up over the second wave with the throttle.
                              So far we have completely gutted the boat to the hull and deck, The engine has been bored .030 over and completely rebuilt. The transmission was also rebuilt. I cleaned and scrubbed every inch of the hull to rid it of oil. I decided that I would re-fiberglass the deck as the factory glass had started to delaminate. So I removed all the glass that was suspect and laid down new fiberglass mat and resin. I installed two bilge pumps with a combined 3500GPH pumping capacity. This required replacing the factory pump, pump hose, and through hull fitting for the bilge with an 1 1/8" assy. I also added a second bilge pump and another 1 1/8" hose and through hull fitting on the port side of the boat (hopefully we will not have to worry about swamping again). I replaced a large portion of the wiring and electronics. I have replaced all the carpeting and a few of the missing seat cushions. I also replaced both batteries with optima blue tops, and re-located them and the battery selector switch just a bit further forward to gain more storage space behind the passenger seat. I plan on keeping the existing upholstery until after this season and replacing it next winter, but we will see, it might get all new upholstery before this season. Its been alot of work but I think it is a great hull and boat and is worthy of the work. Plus.. i am pretty sure the boat is worth much more than what I have into it, besides I could not afford a new boat that is this nice.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X