Tige 21V Switch Panel Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 21V Switch Panel Problems

I have a 2000 21V and it has 2 push button panels on the dash. The one on the left controls the Radio, Nav Lights, Blower, & Bilge while the one on the right controls the Shower, Heater, Courtesy Lights, & Acc.
    The panel on the right doesn't work at all but every button on the left panel works. I looked under the dash and the power goes into the right panel and then piggy backs to the left panel. Obviously it's getting power because the left side is getting power.

Is this a common failure? Can you buy the panel? Any ideas on what might be wrong with it?

Here is a bad pic of the panels:
    Attached Files
    2000 Tige 21V Riders Edition

Sounds like a loose ground or something. Are you sure the power goes through the dead panel first? It may just be a loose connection on one switch or a fuse at the device you are trying to control. I would take them out and clean and look over every connection first.

Comment

Get up under there since you already know your way around. Get a 12v test probe and start checking each conection and see what the result is. You will find where power is and where it stops at. A good test probe should have a sharp enough point to get through the wire also.
      Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Recall

I have been told there was a recall on those switches. I currently have the same problem and it's to late for the recall. Replacement part is available from Tige $480 to change to rocker style switches. But it is 6 to 8 weeks for the part. I am trying to rewire with rocker switches myself. If you find a better solution please let me know. Thanks, Pat

Comment

I rewired to rocker switches last year. I will try and get all the part numbers for you. With the bezels, you can put 4 rocker switches in the place the push button units were. I ordered the lit and labeled carling switches and bezels off ebay. Ditched the unit under the dash as that is what went out on mine and replaces with a good marine grade fuse box. Circuit breakers would have been better but too expensive for my budget. I will get some pics for you guys and post em up. Looks and performs well. Now I just need to replace the gauge and switch dash material. Looking at 1/8 polished aluminum. Thoughts on that?

Comment

Thats what I'm planning on doing, is converting to switches. Do you know if the 20V wiring schematic in the downloads section is the same for the 21V?

Last weekend I had the boat out of the garage working on it and left the cover off all night. We had a heavy dew that night and the next morning the faulty switch panel was working but after it dried out it quit working.

Comment

Originally posted by laserfish View Post
              I rewired to rocker switches last year. I will try and get all the part numbers for you. With the bezels, you can put 4 rocker switches in the place the push button units were. I ordered the lit and labeled carling switches and bezels off ebay. Ditched the unit under the dash as that is what went out on mine and replaces with a good marine grade fuse box. Circuit breakers would have been better but too expensive for my budget. I will get some pics for you guys and post em up. Looks and performs well. Now I just need to replace the gauge and switch dash material. Looking at 1/8 polished aluminum. Thoughts on that?
              I would like to see the pics when you get a chance.

Comment

switches

Here is a picture of the switches in their temporary form. I think the 2001 or 2002 had a similar panel but with switches I want to copy. I want to redo my entire dash in polished 1/8 aluminum sometime in the near future. Mounted the fuse panel between the gauge panel and the switch panel on the underside. It fit very well in that space and is easy to get to.
                switch panel.jpg

Comment

Another question, my trans oil light never comes on. Could it be related to my switch panel problem?

Comment

I would not think so as it is not wired there. Mine is only on at idle as it should be. Any other time would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 363coupe View Post
                      Another question, my trans oil light never comes on. Could it be related to my switch panel problem?
                      I had to get a new LED for mine in 2010. I just took out what was in there behind the dash and recreated the LED and resistor with what I could find at Radio Shack.

Comment

Originally posted by OldeBoy View Post
                        I had to get a new LED for mine in 2010. I just took out what was in there behind the dash and recreated the LED and resistor with what I could find at Radio Shack.
                        That might be the problem but my boat only has 230 hours on it. I would figure it would go out that quick.

Comment

Did you ever find those part # for those switches I have a 21V with the same prob

Comment

Originally posted by 363coupe View Post
                            That might be the problem but my boat only has 230 hours on it. I would figure it would go out that quick.
                            I think mine had 450 hours when I bought it in 2010. I fixed it early that spring. I don't know how long it had been out before that time.

Comment

Where did you buy the switches from? I have a problem with my switches they don't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X