TAPS not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS not working

Have my boat out at the lake and TAPS quit working i was told to check the TAPS Control Module. Could someone tell where i would find it on a 2005 Tige 22V?

Taps in Slalom position. The switch feels like it clicks when pressed up but nothing for the down. Feels dead.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure about that one. Do a search up on the tool bar for taps control module.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by canuk22v View Post
      Have my boat out at the lake and TAPS quit working i was told to check the TAPS Control Module. Could someone tell where i would find it on a 2005 Tige 22V?

Taps in Slalom position. The switch feels like it clicks when pressed up but nothing for the down. Feels dead.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      If there is a different feel to the switch, as in tactile feel... then its the switch. If you have a test light, start at the switch and test for power. The taps module has a lable on it. It says "TAPS Control Module", or at least mine does. I have an '07. It is under the dash. Test power to the module from the breaker box under the dash.
      So this monkey walks into a bar...

Comment

Thanks for the reply i will check the switch for a broken wire.

Comment

This is what my replacement looked like, the module that is. Its under the dash as previously mentioned. When mine went bad, the trim would only go up and was stuck there. It just made a click when I tried to go back down. Actually made a "melting wire" smell also. $100-$125 for replacement, 15 minutes. You can test to make sure it is the module that is out by hotwiring the pump to the battery. If the switch is fine and you can make the pump go up and down by touching the leads to the battery, you have found your problem.
          Attached Files

Comment

I know this is an old post, but does anyone know where he got this module?

Comment

I'd like to know where to get this as well.
              2005 Tige Switch (bought an 03 Tige 20V brand new in 03 from Mesa. Sold it in 2010 and bought a MasterCrap... total lemon. Sold that in 2013 and bought my 05 Switch).

Comment

Working...
              X