beeping twice and stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beeping twice and stalling

sometimes the boat runs for an hour without problems. Other times boat will beep twice and engine will stop, have to restart it (no problem there) but this will go continuously. Any idea what it couyld be?

If you have Mercruiser engine, the two beeps are the signal for it going to safe mode because of some fault code. If that is the case the engine can be scaned with a DDT and the code read.

Comment

safe mode

Thanks, I do have a mercruiser. What's a DDT? Where do we scan? Will that let us know what the problem is?

Comment

The DDT is a Merc scan tool that will plug in to the computer and tell the tech what the fault code was.

Comment

DDT

Thank you. We'll try to get that tool and figure out the problem. Do you know of any good website on that subject?

Comment

Not sure of a website that will explain the codes and the DDT is a Mercruiser tech's tool.

Comment

Did you ever find out what caused the problem? I have the same probelm and it starting get real annoying.

Comment

Same thing started happend to me this weekend.

Any way to diagnose it myself??

Comment

Have to hook it up to a scan tool and read the fault codes.

Comment

will a scan tool used in the automobile industry work as my boat is not that accesable. I have found that it only starts to beep twice every now & then maybe once per 4 days on the water and turning engine off and restarting makes it stop for about another 4-5 days on the water.

Comment

Working...
                    X