Broken speedo fly wheel on a 2008 22Vve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken speedo fly wheel on a 2008 22Vve

I broke one of the arms of the speedo fly wheel under the boat. Anyone replaced one of these before? How easy of a job is it? Do I have to replace the entire assembly, or can you pull it apart & just replace the wheel?

It's a 10 minute job and can be done with only a pair of needle-nose pliers. The paddle wheel can be replaced and is cheap, so no need to replace the whole tri-ducer. I cant remember the part 3 on the kit, sorry.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Is this a generic part, or do I need to order it through Tige? How do you get the wheel off?

Comment

I believe the company that makes them is called Airmar
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Yes, but you can't order them directly from Airmar. They'll refer you to one of their online distributors. I did that once. My Tige dealer carries spares and it's a lot more convenient to buy them there...costs about the same too.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Hey Guys, I know this is an old forum but we'll see. I have the same issue with our 2008 Tige 22ve we had a lift installed and the guys put the supports in the wrong spot so I guess the speedo sat right on the bunks and broke off.

Wondering how hard of a job this is to do and if it needs to be done from the inside of the boat or from underneath? And what the process is depending. I believe the marina here has the parts but looking to do it ourselves quickly as to not lose any time on the water, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X