Steering Cable Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Cable Problems

I just finished installing a new steering cable in my 2002 20v and it doesn't seem like it is as loose as it should be. My buddies centurion is a lot easier to turn. Is this just a tige problem or did I do something wrong on the install. I have greased the rudder and even put some extra grease on the shaft of the new cable before I installed it back in the sleave. Anything that I could have done to cause it to not be easy to turn. Do not get me wrong it is 100% better than before but still not as easy as other boats I have drove.

Do you have rack and pinion steering or do you have a rotary helm? If you have the rotary like mine, they are not quite as easy to turn.

Also, how easy did your rudder turn by hand when it was not connected to the cable? If that is stiff, you may need a new rudder shaft/rudder box.

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
      Do you have rack and pinion steering or do you have a rotary helm? If you have the rotary like mine, they are not quite as easy to turn.

Also, how easy did your rudder turn by hand when it was not connected to the cable? If that is stiff, you may need a new rudder shaft/rudder box.
      Not really sure what the difference is? Just by the sound I think it is probably a rotary helm. The rudder is not very hard to turn. Not easy but not hard.

Comment

Working...
      X