Red Light On Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Light On Dash

My red light located in the center of the dash on my 2002 20v stays on and kind of flickers. I thought this was a neutral light but for some reason it stay on all the time. Does this mean anything is wrong?

Does it stay on past idle?
    I'd rather be a conservative nut job than a liberal with no nuts and no job.

Comment

It should turn off after 1000 rpms.. if it flickers after that..poss fluid low in transmission

Comment

Originally posted by mikehayburn View Post
        It should turn off after 1000 rpms.. if it flickers after that..poss fluid low in transmission
        It stays on all the time, but my RPM gage is not working so could that cause the problem. Trans fluid seems ok level. Oil level is good. Not running hot.

Comment

Originally posted by bamaboy2006 View Post
          My red light located in the center of the dash on my 2002 20v stays on and kind of flickers. I thought this was a neutral light but for some reason it stay on all the time. Does this mean anything is wrong?
          That light is connected to a pressure switch on the transmission. When the pressure is low the light should be on (like while at an ideal.)
          Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Originally posted by whitlock87 View Post
            That light is connected to a pressure switch on the transmission. When the pressure is low the light should be on (like while at an ideal.)
            Notice your profile says south east china. What part do you live? I have an office in Dongchen District Dongguan.

Would low transmition fluid cause the light to stay on?

Comment

Originally posted by bamaboy2006 View Post
              Would low transmition fluid cause the light to stay on?
              Yes

Comment

[QUOTE=bamaboy2006;423130]Notice your profile says south east china. What part do you live? I have an office in Dongchen District Dongguan.

I live in CA, and work in Huizhou city
                But i have been helping a vendore in Buji (ShenZen)
                Last edited by whitlock87; 06-17-2010, 02:22 AM.
                Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Working...
                X