boat not running to good!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boat not running to good!!!!!!!!

Tonight took the boat out for the first time this year. Before I took it out I changed the motor oil, tranny oil, oil filter, fuel filter and a new belt. When we were out boating it would take off fast and run smooth, but when going full throttle for about 30-50 seconds it would stop. The motor would be running the throttle all the way down, but wouldn't go and it would not be revving up. Then you pull the throttle to park, and then you could take off again. ANY suggestions would be great. It took all my money just to get it out today so with any luck it is not a big fix. Also I looked at the plugs and there was rust and crap on top of the plug, not the electrode part. Maybe new plugs and wires would do the trick.

How long was it stored for winter? Spoiled gas would be my first thought.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok I put about 18 gallons new gas in and injector cleaner. It was stored for about 8 months

Comment

Maybe some crap in the bottom of the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by ereed969 View Post
          Ok I put about 18 gallons new gas in and injector cleaner. It was stored for about 8 months
          8 months is ling enough for gas to spoil. Add some marine fuel stabilizer and run it. It may also be a good idea to pull the fuel/water separator and dump it out. It may be filled with water.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Will do thank you so much. Do you think I should replace the plugs or does that not sound related to the problem

Comment

Will do thank you so much. Do you think I should replace the plugs or does that not sound related to the problem
              Where is the rust, on the tips where the wires connect? a little sand paper and some dielectric grease will fix that. If there is any odd discoloration on the center or ground electrode, a wire brush will clean that off.

Comment

Cool thanks you seem to be very knowledgeable. Could you tell me how much I would be on a setof cheap tower speakers. Nothing to fancy, I am broke.

Comment

Cool thanks you seem to be very knowledgeable. Could you tell me how much I would be on a setof cheap tower speakers. Nothing to fancy, I am broke.
                  >$500 should get you a set of decent speakers and an amp to power them. I got a few options. I've got a set of use cans, but I think they need new speakers, but I havent listened to them since I swapped them out for the customer. They were underpowered and wired wrong, so I cant say for sure.

Comment

I have an amp, and some old cans can I get measure the cans and get some pricing on speakers from you. And maybe the set of your used cans.

Comment

I have an amp, and some old cans can I get measure the cans and get some pricing on speakers from you. And maybe the set of your used cans.
                      Let em know what brand an model the amp is and we can match up some new speakers to drop in your cans.

Comment

Working...
                      X