Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerns about my 6.0L GM Vortec 409Hp on RZ2

Hi everyone,
    I have a RZ2 from 2010 with a 6.0L GM Vortec 409Hp.
    And I was wondering if it's normal that when I put the full ballast (ballast pro)the boat takes a lot of time to reach 21 mph like 10 or 20 seconds and there is no power at all during this time even if I put full power.
    Maybe, it is an issue with the propeller or something to adjust on the engine?
    Is it normal?
    Regards,
    Joakim.

try putting your taps down to 2 or so then adjust when you hit speed after you plane. Don't load up and try to take off with taps in the 6-8 range. It will make the hull sink in and not want to plane with all that weight. With taps down, it will help the boat plane and get up to speed quicker, then at speed, you can adjust taps to your hearts desire.
    http://wake9.com/

Comment

At what elivation are you boating at?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How many hours are on the engine?

Comment

I had to re-prop mine for that very reason, when I got the ballast for mine. I've got two custom surf sacs and a bow sac so full its around 2200 lbs and have no problem pulling at 23mph and 6 people in the boat.

Give Mike (chpthril) a call! He helped me get all my stuff including the prop!

Comment

I have a 2009 with a 409 and a new prop made a world of diffence (especially under surf ballast).

Comment

Hi, thanks for your replies,
              the engine has now 120 hours but I have the problem since the beginning.
              When I put the taps to 1 it helps a little but it is still taking time.
              The full ballast is around 2000lbs. Which propeller should I put to have more power to make the boat plane quicker?
              Anyway, from what I have understood, it is thus normal to take a lot of time to plane when the taps are at 6-8?

Comment

Can you provide the propeller information? Make/Model/Diam/Pitch/etc....

Comment

Originally posted by joakim View Post
                  Hi, thanks for your replies,
                  the engine has now 120 hours but I have the problem since the beginning.
                  When I put the taps to 1 it helps a little but it is still taking time.
                  The full ballast is around 2000lbs. Which propeller should I put to have more power to make the boat plane quicker?
                  Anyway, from what I have understood, it is thus normal to take a lot of time to plane when the taps are at 6-8?
                  This depends on a few things. At what elivation do you boat at normally? If you boat at a high elevation lake, and you dealer didnt swap the stock prop, you need to upgrade. IF you are still running the stock prop, it's an ACME 537. In this case, 99% of the people upgrade to the ACME 1235. The prop's model # and size will be stamped into the prop's hub. If you can provide the additional info, we can get you in the right direction for a prop upgrade.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I use the boat in the sea. I will check the info of the prop. Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

For what it's worth, I've not had that problem and I have the 343. I'm not running 2000# of ballast (yet)...but around 1200# or so. Not sure if that extra 800 pounds makes that big of a difference or not.

I did re-prop over the winter, but that was in anticipation of additional ballast and I did have a bit of cavitation when loaded down with people and ballast...but I never have had acceleration issues...

Comment

Working...
                      X