22ve speedometer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22ve speedometer issues

I did a search but did not come up with what I was looking for. I have 2008 22ve that the speedometers are not working. It has analog and digital speedometer gages. I replaced the paddle wheel but it still does not register speed. The temp and depth all work so I know the transducer is partly working . Hopefully someone can help me with these questions.
    Is there a way to check the wire for the speedometer coming from the transducer that will tell me if its the transducer or not?
    Is there any other common problems I should be looking for?

Thanks for any responses

Had the same problem and couldn't trace the wiring colors to see if the paddle wheel was sending a current. Had to take the boat into the dealer and they tried a new paddle wheel and discovered the gauge to be faulty. The good news is that the warranty on gauge covered its repair. You'll have to pay for the R&I & shipping but it's still cheaper than buying a new gauge.Check the gauge manufactures web site for details.

Comment

update
      replaced the triducer. speedo and speed conrol all work. No haiving throttle issues. Sometime when throttling up nothing happens. have to turn off boat engine and then restart.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

I had a similar issue on my '07. The dealer tried a couple of things, and ended up replacing the throttle handle assembly. It has been working fine since.

Now if I can get MY speedo working correctly!!

Comment

Working...
        X