Trailer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Problem

I have a dorsey dual axel trailer. Today while backing into my driveway the front wheel on my trailer on both side go stuck about 2 inches off the ground. When I looked under the trailer I noticed where the springs are attached (Looks like come sort of rocker arm) Got flipped up and jammed againist the trailer frame. Has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions on fixing?

I can get pics tomorrow if needed.

This happened to someone else here a while ago (maybe 1 or 2 years) and I think they put pics of it and how they fixed it. Do a search for trailer repair or trailer stuck axle...

Comment

Here you go. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=trailer

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to try the pribar when I get home.

Comment

I used a 4x4 to flip mine, happend on the rear axle on my Dorsey.

Comment

Did you have the boat on the trailer when you fixed it?

Comment

Originally posted by huntingwiley View Post
              Did you have the boat on the trailer when you fixed it?
              I didnt as it only happened when the trailer was empty.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril, Where did you use the Pry-bar? I tried prying up where the back spring connects to the trailer. Here is a pic of the problem.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huntingwiley View Post
                  Chpthril, Where did you use the Pry-bar? I tried prying up where the back spring connects to the trailer. Here is a pic of the problem.
                  I used a 4' pry-bar between the shackles that are up and the trailer. if you have a floor jack, you can put it under the shackles that are down and jack them up and that should force the thing to pivot
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                  X