Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove Tige Touch 1 Screen?

Hello,

I am working on replacing the Tige Touch screen on my 2011 RZ4. As many others have experienced, it’s delaminating. I was able to remove the chromax screen cover fairly easily without destroying it by using a little heat plus some plastic putty knives that I rounded the corners down on. How do you access the two nuts on the back side of the screen so it can be pulled forward? I can see one stud from the underside of the dash, but there’s no way my hand will fit up there. What does it take to pull the top of the dash for access? Thanks

Sorry, I don’t have an answer for your question, but I’m very interested in your post. How do you plan to repair the screen? Are you going to use the MTC replacement?

Comment

I was planning on going with the MTC replacement.

Comment

Please update us when you are finished. I’ll probably be doing this in the spring.

Comment

After taking part more than I really needed to (I only wasted an extra 15mins), it turns out it was pretty easy, at least on my 2011 RZ4. I’ll start from the beginning.

I took 3 cheap plastic putty knives and sanded down the corners so they would be less likely to scratch the dash.

I heated up the chromax screen cover slightly and slowly used the putty knives to pry up the cover. I always kept the putty knife parallel with the screen cover. I made sure not to bend the screen cover. You have to be careful around the screen control buttons, but they weren’t stuck on very hard. Also watch the heat around the buttons as the screen cover is pretty thin right there.

Once the chromax screen cover is off, just pop a flat head screw driver under the edge of the touch screen and lightly pry up the touchscreen to pop it out. There was no glue or tape holding it down. There were no brackets behind the screen. The touch screen was just sandwiched between the plastic dash panel and the chromax screen cover. Disconnect the two sets of wires and removal is complete.

Comment

Great info and photos. Thanks. Was there a part number on the back of your screen?

Comment

Thank you for sharing! I'm sure I'll have to do the same soon on my 2016!

Comment

Thanks for the update. When do you plan to replace with the MTC?

Comment

Keep us updated with the MTC process

Comment

Working...
                  X