2014 Tige Z3 rear ballasts won't fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Tige Z3 rear ballasts won't fill

Hoping it's not a gate valve as per a previous post...but neither rear ballast will fill although both impeller pumps are humming and spinning. Impellers look good. I did find a cut exposed black power? cable to one of them that looks pinched from the lid closing. I've attached a pic. Could this result in lack or power to BOTH rear ballast impellers? Thanks
    Attached Files

The pumps could be airlocked and need to be burped in the water. Take the pump head out and see if the pump spins when you turn it on.

Comment

The two pumps on the port side of the keel are are almost certain to air-lock due to the outlet angling down. Those flapper style check valves may also be adding to the issue. They are prone to retain water on the outlet side, holding the flapper closed, preventing air from purging.

End of the day, the ideal solution is to reorient the pumps so the outlets have an upward travel and relocate the check-valves further down stream to a more level location or replace them with a non-flapper style.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Excellent, thanks. I'll research how to get rid of the air lock. Also, both pumps spin nicely when I take them out, when powered on.

Comment

Working...
        X