Potetiometer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potetiometer questions

I've got a 2007 22ve that has what I believe to be a throttle potentiometer issue from reading other posts on this site. As per the other posts, the potentiometer can cause the throttle to not engage...moving the throttle lever forward will put the boat into gear but no throttle. Our boat is doing this. As per another post, I cleaned the potentiometer contacts which had some grease on them and the throttle issue went from being continuous to intermittent. The two other main boat issues are that the motor is really sluggish, will only get up to 35mph with the 537 prop and has no snap whatsoever at any point in the throttle curve (none of this changed with the potentiometer cleaning). Lastly the speedset isn't working. I am aware of IDBoating's fix, I've used it on a previous boat. My question, could the low power (when the throttle is working) and the speedset issue be connected to the potentiometer?

Following - good write up. I'm having the EXACT same issue on my 2007 RZ2.

Comment

A new potentiometer solved the throttle issue. A precious mechanic had transposed two plug wires so the boat was running on 6 cylinders, hence the sluggishness. And IDBoatings’s replacement board for the speedset resolved the speed control issue. Boat is running great now.

Comment

***previous mechanic, not precious, although he might be.***

Comment

Where did you source the potentiometer and what was the part number? Thanks

Comment

Ditto. I have an 05 20Ci that seems to need one too! Where did you source it from?

Comment

Sorry for late reply, didn’t get a notification of message sent. Here’s the potentiometer link:

https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/...g1Mi42MC4wLjA.

Comment

Working...
              X