fuel issues on my 2014 Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel issues on my 2014 Z3

I took my boat out for the first time this year. I ran a bit worse as the afternoon progressed (we were out 3 hours). Had less and less power especially surfing (reverse seemed unaffected but then you don't gun it in reverse). Finally was running so rough that I had to limp back to the dock. I thought I must have hit a log as it was running so rough. Pulled it out and no log, prop was fine shaft perfect. Now I think I must have gotten water in the line and the sputtering made it seem that way (I know sounds impossible but it still ran just really really rough). The engine light came on but after shutting it down for 10 minutes and then fast idling it never came back on.

I'm not too mechanically inclined but I have a few questions. Dealer in a 4 hour drive closest boat dealer is 2 hours away.

Thoughts are water in the fuel line or fuel pump going out. I put Stabil in the gas last winter and only run ethanol free. I did spray down the bilge before we left the house as there was nasty water in the bilge from the winterization and stuff. ny thoughts as to where to start? Thanks
Working...
X