2013 tige r20 engine issues HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 tige r20 engine issues HELP

I have a 2013 Tige R20 HO303 PCM engine w/ 218 hours. Two weekends ago I had 11 people in the boat and the boat felt like it would "miss" every so often. I was pulling the inner tube towards the end of the day and the boat just died. Checked engine compartment and my belt shredded in half. I took the boat out and had a local guy replace the belt (previous belt had definite signs of wear and tear and needed replacing). The boat started fine next time out but suddenly died. Tried several times to get it cranked to no avail. 20 minutes later the boat cranked and got me back to the dock. The boat will crank but spits and sputters and then goes dead. The boat was idling fine but when I take off it would run for 5 seconds then cut out and then take back off then go dead.
    Replaced fuel filters, drained some water and trash out. Boat will not fire up at all now. Now the boat will not fire up at all. The check engine late was on and has a code saved.
    PCM engine

Anything else I should check before I take it to a mechanic? Are there any sensors that could have tripped? I’d like to try what I can before I have to haul it 5 hours to get a computer hooked up to it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by CapnChris; 07-03-2023, 09:56 PM.

Sounds kind of like what my 2014 Z3 did yesterday. Didn't have a belt break but it started running rougher as the half day went on. I think I have water in my fuel system and it was my first trip out for the year.I think mine might be the fuel pump and I like you like a long ways from the nearest dealer (4 hours). Could yours be a fuel pump or can you hear it whine when you turn the key?

Comment

My fuel pump actually kicks on when I turn on the main battery switch (possibly a whole other problem in itself). I had water in mine and some trash but I replaced both fuel filters and now it will not crank at all. It will turn over but not fire up.

Comment

Ok, first off, welcome. To make sure you have the terminology correct, cranking means the engine is spinning during its start cycle. Firing/running means it is running on its own. If you want to attempt this on your own, you will need a fuel pressure test gauge for EFI engines, an inline spark tester and a compression tester. Check for fuel pressure with the key on but not trying to start it. Fuel pressure should be around 45psi, if not you have a fuel problem. If yes, check for spark during cranking by installing the inline spark checker and cranking the engine during its regular start cycle. You will see spark through the light of the spark tester. If you don't, your problem is ignition. If you have spark and fuel pressure, check compression in each cylinder. I doubt this is your problem because its nearly impossible to loose compression in all 8 at the same time. Report back.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
        X