faulty fuel pump or return line required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

faulty fuel pump or return line required

My 2006 Tige 20I with Marine power 5.7l vortex 340 hp engine is having fuel vaporization issues on 30C plus days after skiing then shutting off for 5-10 mins it is hard to start and has loss of power and misses for a short period pulling the next skier. Marine power says I should run a return line from fuel system to tank and mechanic says fuel pump most likely. Can anyone share thoughts to lead me to correct action. Try to use non ethanol gas but also use 10% ethanol blend gas.
    Thanks

What fuel pump do you have?

Comment

electronic pump original one

Comment

Does it have the cooling line wrapped around the lift pump? Are the lift pump wires connected and in the correct polarity?

I ask this because the cooling lines had fallen off my lift pump and in the process disconnected the power wires. The power wires aren't keyed so you could potentially hook it up backwards. Don't go by the polarity I have in my picture, the 20i might be different than the 24V. I just threw a zip tie on the cooling line to kinda hold it in place. I'm not sure what held it in place originally.

PXL_20230713_164230353.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X