2014 Z3 Engine alert long beep then short repeating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z3 Engine alert long beep then short repeating

Engine alert question, service shop can’t figure it out. 2014 Tige Z3 with around 470 hours. Happened a few times last year but whenever the tech looked at it he said no engine codes when he did a diagnostic, nor could he recreate it in the shop. Seems to happen whenever the RPMs get near or above 5,000 once the boat is warm. There is one long beep, maybe 5 seconds of continuous noise, with the triangular engine alert light illuminated. Then it goes off and continues to chirp for about a 1 second beep accompanied by the triangular signal light, with about 3 seconds of nothing in between beeps. No change in handling/power/etc., boat doesn’t go in to limp mode, no alerts on screen, no indication of anything other than the chirps and alert light. Turning boat off and back on doesn’t stop it, but flipping the battery switch off and back on seems to reset it. Any ideas?

original spark plugs? Possibly some sort of miss fire at high rpm only. I know this isn't what you want to hear but keep the rpm down lol.

Comment

High trans temp alarm would be my guess. Those are the only non-stored alarms I am aware of, every other sensor leaves a telltale in the ECM when they set. If the tech can sea trial with you and have the DTC hooked up it'll show the alarm. And yes, keep the RPM down, V8's are not motorcycle engines.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
      X