Which sub should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sub should I get?

I have a new-to-me 2017 Z1 and although this boat originally came with a 10” sub, it has been replaced with a 12” Jensen (and everything else is wet sounds). Attached a pic of the amps but I am not sure of their models. I want to a net sun and not sure what to get that would be appropriate for the space and amp. Suggestions?

3DAE29A5-B94C-4866-8A73-D1A197D9128D.jpeg

Bottom amp is the Syn-DX2 and drives the tower speakers. Top amp is the Syn-DX6 and drives the cabin speakers on chnls 1-4 and the woofer bridged on 5/6.

The new woofer will need to be a single 4 ohm voice coil or a 2 ohm dual voice coil. The amp is rated at 600W rms on 5/6 when bridged. However, I believe the amps are the OEM DSP versions and have no on-board consumer level adjustments. Many feel they are tuned very conservatively.

A specific amp model suggestion is going to depend on how the woofer will be installed. Free-air/infinite-baffle as it would have been from the factory or a small sealed or ported enclosure.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Truly a Tige master! The sub will be under the dash. Previous owner widen the sub speaker hole from 10” to 12”.

Thank you!
      Last edited by SteveCo; 03-26-2023, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X