Gas gauge way off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas gauge way off

2017 R20, 43 gallon tank but reads up to 70 on Active Touch display…had Tige service reboot but that didn’t fix it.
    Made appointment to have fuel sender replaced, though ended up doing myself, didn’t fix it.
    Any other suggestions what it may be??

Try going into dealer settings on the touch screen and make sure that R20 is selected as boat, it could have been set to another model that has a larger tank.

Comment

I have to enter a code for ‘Dealer settings.’

Comment

Comment

Cool thanks! Ya, reads R20.

Comment

Did that fix the fuel level problem?

Comment

No.

Comment

Thanks. Not sure what you are trying to explain…”put it back clocked correctly.” I don’t see how the sender/float can be adjusted/calibrated(clocked correctly). It’s just the sender and a float.
                Fuel is reading 60-70 when full…tank is 43 gallon.
                So is it my understanding that fuel will not read in gallons, only %? Full tank =100%, half tank %50 etc…? ….am I not filling tank completely when I think I am??

Comment

I think I understand.

Comment

Ok, I removed sender and raised float to top, gauge reads 100. So back to the last part of my last question…am I not completely filling tank…even though the gas pump nozzle to shuts off. Should I wait and keep filling until gauge reads 100??…unless overflows of course.

Comment

I have an RZX, so not sure, but mine takes 10 gallons after the pump clicks off. It’s super annoying but is what it is. Have to pump the last 10 gallons in super slow. It’s probably more like 12 or 13 gallons, before it actually overflows. Could be something similar with yours. Also hits empty with a significant amount of fuel left in the tank. That could be for idiots like me that keep riding for an hour after it hits zero, but not sure if that’s by design, or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hey thanks!
                        It’s just nice to know that it’s by percent not gallons. Whole time I thought it was gallons…and being it’s a 43 gallon tank and it was reading 70 when full…!?!
                        I was flustered. Now it’s clear.
                        Even Tige’ service didn’t tell me all this when I described my concern.
                        This forum is priceless!
                        Thank all!!!

Comment

Just a quick follow up…I went to fill up last night, and gauge stopped at 70…?? I kept attempting to top off but stopped when gauge wouldn’t go past 70.
                          When I put boat in water, gauge was bouncing around 100-80……glad to see 100, but perplexed why wouldn’t read 100 when level on trailer….??

Comment

As Zackdogg stated I have to fill my 2003 24V slowly to keep the pump from clicking off. This is annoying but part of my routine and gives me time to run in and buy some drinks. The pump nozzles at my local Shell station have the three locks on the handle and I have to use the first (low flow) one to keep it from clicking off or overflowing. Once it clicks off, I slowly fill till it burps a little fuel from the vent then do my best to run it out in a weekend.

Comment

Try filling with the nose down a little. On my Z3 the fill lines are at the very back of the tank and it will take more fuel when the nose is down.

Comment

Working...
                              X