Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty USB port under dash, found flash drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty USB port under dash, found flash drive.

2017 R20, after I had some work done by my Tige dealer, I found a flash drive in my dash console. When I asked my service guy he said “That’s not ours….”…? I was caught off guard and didn’t have a response to his.
    I didn’t put it there…it wasn’t there before…and then after poking around under dash I see an empty USB port….? And as of recently, my gas gauge is off, reads “70” when full. Tank is 43 gal.
    Service guy says not calibrated.
    I have an appointment coming up for that. So I will bring up flash drive an empty port again with pictures.
    But my question to the forum is, before I have a little confrontation w/service guy via pictures…does this USB and empty port have anything to do with my gas gauge? What are they for??
    I have not noticed any other technical difficulties with the Active Touch functions.

My first thought was it was a USB for the stereo to play music that is stored on a flash drive. Maybe a previous owner unless you are the first owner.

Comment

If the usb port is coming from the back of your screen it's the port for software updates. Did the dealer update your software? Try going into dealer settings and make sure that R20 is chosen as the boat type. If another boat is chosen, that may be the reason for your gas gauge being off.

Comment

Thanks! Ya, it’s behind the Active touch screen pretty much. I was having electrical issues for previous service, one of cables to battery wasn’t hooked up correctly…my bad when changing battery….I couldn’t see that I missed a cable, it’s awkward getting to battery, I swear there were only 2 cables going to each battery post, I swear I even check when prob started n didn’t see any loose cables to batt.
        It took them awhile to figure out that’s what was causing glitch in Active touch screen.
        DO I DARE PLUGGING IT BACK IN??

Comment

The flash drive does not need to remain plugged in. You plug it in perform the update and remove. If you don't know what's on that drive don't plug it in.

Comment

Got it. Thanks all!

Comment

Put it in a computer, and see what files are on it. Should be pretty easy to see if it’s music, Tige software files, or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X