Boat running rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat running rough

I took my 2000 tige v21 5.7 black scorpion out for the first time yesterday after the winter. It started hard as I expected it would after sitting. When I got her started, she was running very rough. I could not get her on plane. There was a very rich fuel smell. No leaks though. I have been reading and it sounds like it could be anything from plugs wires cap rotor, to different sensors to fuel injectors... I'm not the most mechanical person but am willing to try. I can change the plugs and wires easily and will do this... Any other recommendations on places to start? Thank you and sorry if this is a common repeat post. My first time on a forum and my first boat...

I am currently dealing with this now, I would start off with the standard ignition tune up. Cap, Rotor, coil, plugs, spark plug wires, fuel water separator and check the fuel pressure. If those don’t seem to fix it, Check the vacuum line going to the fuel pressure regulator for leaks. If all that fails it might be either the IAC, MAP, Coolant temp sensor or TPS.

Comment

Thank you! Sure enough basic tuneup made her run great!

Comment

Working...
      X