2017 Tige R21 Bilge Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Tige R21 Bilge Pump

I recently purchased this boat and had the bilge pump checked because the boat seemed to have more water when draining than normal. I was told bilge was working correctly. Is this bilge an auto bilge or does it need to be manually turned on? Even when I manually turn on I never see it run out the side. Thoughts?

It's worth noting that the bilge pump is not mounted at the low point of the hull. So there will be some water that hangs out under the fuel tank and near V Drive sometimes.

Be sure to stop on the ramp and pop your bilge plug to drain all water out. You can also throw a floor jack under the front crossmember of the trailer in order to drain it at home

Comment

Same Boat... I had my bilge pump not work once last year. Upon inspection, the motor was running, but no water movement. Pulled it out when i got home, put it in a bucket and ran it. In the bucket it did not pump water. Everything was functional, just wouldn't pump. It turned out that the screen on the inlet had a light coating of motor oil on it from when the jackwagons at our dealer used to change the oil and spill it all over the place. The oil film was preventing the water from moving through the screen holes. I cleaned it with some dawn soap, tried it again and it worked as it should.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am going to investigate tomorrow and I'll post what I find.

Comment

Working...
        X