17 Tige R21 heater install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 Tige R21 heater install questions

Trying to install a new heater in a 2017 Tige R21. Does anyone know how to plumb the hot water and return line to 2017 raptor 400? Anyone wire it to the activetouch command center computer? This is the smaller 4” touch screen. Thanks

Lots to this one. Are you sure you have all of the components you are needing? The Raptor engine requires a pump to push coolant through the heat exchanger and back to the engine which also uses a relay setup driven off the fuel pump circuit.

The power wire for the fan motor is the orange wire on the lower PDM.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

The circulation pump makes all the difference in the proper function of the heater. I’ve read threads on other manufacturers forums from owners that complain about temps barely above ambient temps. Mine will become so hot it’s uncomfortable to touch. What happens is the path to the heater is more restrictive than the standard flow through the engine. The result is the freshly heated water takes the path of least resistance bypassing the heater lines. The circulation pump corrects that.

Comment

Do you just wire the heater circulation pump to the heater switch then? That would turn the pump and fan on at the same time. Where does the factory install the circulation pump at? I’m guessing on the return line somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by berrym72 View Post
          Do you just wire the heater circulation pump to the heater switch then? That would turn the pump and fan on at the same time. Where does the factory install the circulation pump at? I’m guessing on the return line somewhere.
          There is a relay setup for the pump which is driven off the fuel pump. That way the pump runs when the engine is running. The Z1/R21 it mounted behind the back seat, starboard side. The heater fan motor can be driven by the screen (high/off) or the three position switch which you would have to mount to dash or side panel. Either way works.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Awesome, thanks for your help. I found the heater in / out labels on the engine. Found the orange wire to run the fan off of.

The last pice of info I'm missing is how to tap into the fuel pump relay to run the circulation pump. Do you just create a pig tail? Anybody got any more specific info?

Comment

Post some pics if able my neighbor wants to do the same thing you’re doing

Comment

Originally posted by berrym72 View Post
                Awesome, thanks for your help. I found the heater in / out labels on the engine. Found the orange wire to run the fan off of.

The last pice of info I'm missing is how to tap into the fuel pump relay to run the circulation pump. Do you just create a pig tail? Anybody got any more specific info?
                There's two plugs for the fuel pumps and ones not used. Follow your harness from the tank and you should find the unused plug next to where your in tank pump plugs in.

Indmar makes a pre-built relay setup that just plugs in there and you're good to go if you want to go that route or you can DIY.

FYI the two plugs are for the jet boat configured package as most jet builders don't run an in tank pump....so the two plugs are for a lift pump and high pressure pump that comes on the jet configuration

Comment

Working...
                X