Shift lever replacement ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift lever replacement ideas

Hey everyone, having an issue with the shifter on my 2005 20v and hoping for some guidance. I was out on Saturday and when I pushed the throttle forward it slipped forward with no resistance at all… I was able to push on the handle towards the shift mechanism and got it to line back up to get off the lake. I pulled the shifter off and it looks like the inside where it’s threaded is almost completely stripped. I’m not worried about taps as that is manually wired anyways, but does anyone have suggestions or an old one sitting around I could buy by chance?? I found what looks to be the ch2200 shifter but hoping to find a cheaper replacement if possible.
    thanks for any help!

The splines look a little worn....

BUT, the reason it fell off is the set screw is loose. At the bottom of the throttle handle there's a little cutout in the chrome ring. Up inside of there is a set screw that locks the handle to the control box. Tight that bad boy up and I bet you are fine. Otherwise the CH2200 is the only replacement I know of that accommodates the potentiometer that the 05s used

Comment

Thanks freeheel, you are a constant help on this site! I saw the set screw on the bottom and it looks like it’s been completely stripped out by the prior owner. I’ll see what I can do to get it out and replaced with a new one. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
        The splines look a little worn....

BUT, the reason it fell off is the set screw is loose. At the bottom of the throttle handle there's a little cutout in the chrome ring. Up inside of there is a set screw that locks the handle to the control box. Tight that bad boy up and I bet you are fine. Otherwise the CH2200 is the only replacement I know of that accommodates the potentiometer that the 05s used
        freeheel4life - do you by any chance know the specs of that set screw? I have the same issue on my 07 Rz2 - believe it might have fallen out.

Comment

I don't know what size it is offhand....sorry

Comment

Working...
          X