Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z3 No Start

Hey Everyone,

new to the forum here and purchased a 2014 Z3 at the beginning of this year. Great boat but had some issues yesterday. Not ran fine all afternoon no issues docked for a few hours and went back out and boat wouldn’t start.

the starting is cranking the engine over fine, I have 57 psi at the fuel rail for pressure but no spark. I have checked all the fuses/relays at the engine and everything seems to be in working order.

hoping on some advice to get us back on the water so this doesn’t wreck our week of vacation.

thanks in advance

Get a can of brake clean or some starting fluid and just give A LITTLE bit to the the intake. If it doesn't fire and you know you have fuel then it's likely ignition. In your case sounds like a module or coil

Comment

Ya I have already tried that. I have good pressure to the fuel rails but the injectors are not pulsing. I also have power to the coil but no spark. It seems to me like something in the ECM and preventing the injectors from firing and cutting spark.

I thought maybe a safety for oil pressure or something but I have good oil pressure when cranking about 40 psi.

Comment

You have a fuel pump relay and an ignition relay. The ignition needs to be replaced. This has failed not allowing spark to plugs

Comment

Working...
        X