Can you swap your 1:1 V drive to a 1:2 on a 2000 21 V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you swap your 1:1 V drive to a 1:2 on a 2000 21 V

Hello all. This is my first post. I've lurked here for the last 5 years and have loved the knowledge you all share. We had to do an engine swap from our 330 hp Black Scorpion to a 315 hp engine due to a melt down. Since then we have had trouble at our high elevation filling the boat with people let alone ballast. If I'm being honest with myself even before we had a hard time with a boat full. We have the ACME 911 prop and still not enough umph. This has us wondering if its possible to switch the V Drive and be able to load the boat with friends and still have a great day surfing. We have friends with other boats that have similar hp with the 1:2 V drive that can load the boat and pull easy. Does anyone know if this is possible? If not we are gonna sell the boat at a lower elevation so people can have the fun this boat deserves to be used. If not does anyone else have any suggestions to get this boat out of the hole while being loaded. Thank you all in advance.

FYI our home lake is 6000 feet here in Wyoming.

Im going to presume that the engine has the right cam for the tow boat application and everything else is tuned and operating correctly. Would be a very expensive and time consuming experiment to find out its the got the wrong cam profile or the timing is off, etc.

I know of another Tige owner who did swap the Walter 1:1 to the 1.46:1. I also think I remember reading another member was told by Walter that the gears could be swapped to make the 1:1 into the 1.46:1.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That's awesome news. I will be making some phone calls today and try to find some parts. Will post progress made in this thread.

Comment

Yep, contact walter directly they are pretty helpful.
        You can buy just the gear sets to do it yourself or send them the trans, or buy a whole new unit.
        Options are 1:1 1:1.46 and 1:2

Comment

Is it difficult to swap the gears yourself? I confirmed my v drive is the Walter 1:1 I called Walter and they want the part number on my v drive but it is completely wore off. Does anyone know this part number?Snapchat-859468606.jpg

Comment

It's likely a RV26D but I can't be 100%.
            They should be able to find it from the serial number.

If you're mechanical they are very simple inside there's a thread here somewhere with photos when someone rebuilt theirs.
            Mine was cracked and to replace the housing and rebuild was about the same cost as a new one so I just bought new.

Comment

Working...
            X