No power being sent to heater fan. 2012 RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power being sent to heater fan. 2012 RZ2

Hi all! Very excited about getting our first real wake boat with the 2012 RZ2. Just picked it up from an out of town Tige dealer and so far working great and love the boat. I have one issue however and I’m hoping someone here might be able to help. It has a brand new dealer installed medallion unit which is great to have as I hear the go after a few years. It’s working perfectly except does not seem to be sending power to the heater fan. I turn the heater on with the Tige touch and nothing. I took the fan wire from the fuse box and provided 12v power to it and voila the fan blows on high. The 15 amp heater fuse is good as well. So it seems for some reason the new medallion unit is not switching it on. The dealer has no problem fixing it and even paying another closer dealer to look after it, but it will still take several hours of my time to drive to the closest dealer, leave it, and then go get it back for something that might be as simple as a wire not hooked up correctly. Looking under the dash I only see one wire that is not connected but I don’t know if it’s supposed to be like that or where it would go. Anyone able to help? Here’s a pic of the purple wire that’s not connected to anything.

EFAFCFAC-4C9E-4970-B3A3-AF0FC522785E.jpeg
    Starts
    05-16-2021
    Ends
    05-16-2021

There's a big black box behind the kick panel. Open it and check that fuse. Then move the fuse over to the blank slot directly across from it. It should turn the fan on

Comment

Are you talking about the panel with the rocker switches? I couldn’t find a rocker switch labelled heater. There is blower but not heater.

Comment

I have checked the fuse and it’s ok. I can power up the fan no problem but can’t get it to switch on and off with the touch screen.

Comment

Behind the carpeted panel below the helm is a long black box with a row of fuses and blank row right next to them it has a lid you have to remove. Is this where you checked fuses??

Comment

Yes that’s where I checked. If I move the fuse over to bypass the fan goes on. Talked to the Tige tech today and he says it’s a common problem and they just put a switch in. It’s a fix that I can do easily but not ideal. I’d still really like to be able to use the Tige touch screen but it may not happen.

Comment

Yeah, only fix to retain function is a whole new Medallion box and I don't know if that box/module is even available still. It is a fairly common problem. Have seen a couple where they fail the peer way and loads are on constantly.

Comment

Ya sounds like a switch it will be. Simple enough. Hopefully that’s all that goes on the medallion unit. Dealer said they replaced the screen and the viper box. Is the viper box different than the medallion unit? Not sure by the date on the medallion DA37AB89-52C1-4FED-9393-7B755379B944.jpegunit if it’s November 11 2020 or November 20 2011.

Comment

Working...
                X