Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dash beeping, engine dying, electrical issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash beeping, engine dying, electrical issue?

Hello,
    2005 22V with fuel injected vortec dying when we reduce speed quickly and run at or close to idle. Gotta give it gas to keep it from stalling out. Also, the dash seems to beep at us from time to time. Seems like it may be telling me the battery charge is low, but voltage looks good. Could these be related? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Update - after about 3 more hours pulling tubers (with dash beep) followed by an extended lunch break, the engine started acting goofy again. It wouldn't accelerate past 5 mph without dying out. We cruised toward the dock at low speed for about 5 minutes then the engine was back to normal. Scheduled an appointment with a Tige dealer next month. Will update with what they find.

Comment

Idle air control valve (IAC). The ECM is sending an alarm to the dash every two minutes to alert you its bad or going bad. Post a pic of the top of the engine without the Vortec cover in place and I'll get you a part number.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Circling back - turned out to be a bad throttle position sensor. It was failing and causing the IAC to act funny, as well.

Comment

Working...
        X