Throttle position sensor issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle position sensor issues

I have aquired a 2000 Tige 21i that cuts out when accelerating. I checked the throttle position sensor voltage and is showing 1.5v at idle and increases smoothly to 2.2 then cuts out completely. I replaced the TPS with a new OEM sensor and it’s doing the exact same thing. This boat has a perfect pass that has been disconnected, the gauge no longer works. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

What’s the calibrated voltage supposed to be...I’d verify that as well.

Comment

.7v at Idle and 4.5v at WOT

Comment

Check the IAC and associated sensor wiring too. There may be a short in the 5V system causing this to happen. Once you accelerate and the IAC moves out of the way, it may be shorting out inside the motor and cause the dump. It's possible the ignition module is causing this as well. Check the distributor for 3 wires coming out of it on the side, white with red stripe, white with green stripe and solid black. If it only has the white with red and white with green, update the module with this part number Mercruiser/Quicksilver #87-892150Q02. The ignition sensor is also part of the 5V system and can short out if it's the original module.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
        X