Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 rzx3 issue: engine rubbing on heat shield (EMWT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 rzx3 issue: engine rubbing on heat shield (EMWT2)

whelp another summer and already off to a **** start. We got our boat summarized last week and steering helm repaired. Upon starting the boat after we had a fault trigger (emwt2 level 2)and began to see smoke from the engine bay. Whelp we lift up the engine bay and notice the heat shield was melted onto our pretty orange pipes. Anyone have any idea how this could happen? Mind you when we got it ready for winter we had none of these issues... Any details or guidance would be great!

Sounds like the engine overheated. If so, this might fall back on the winterizing or summerizing.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Make sure the ball valve on the raw water intake was open. Sometimes dealer will close it to run water hose through sea strainer setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just did some googling. Exhaust Manifold Water Temperature 2 higher than expected Stage 2.

My guess is the valve by the sea strainer was closed and the engine was not getting water. I would be opening up the impeller and checking its condition, coolant levels and water strainer. Or better yet taking it back to whoever summarized it.

Comment

There was likely more than that code at screen, you have to swipe thru the faults. Wouldn't doubt there's at least a CHT stage 1 and (hopefully not) a CHT stage 2 and also an EMWT 1 and 2 stage 1.

Stage 2 is a fairly substantial overheat. Hopefully didn't run it too long. Have seen a handful be fine up to about 270* on the freeze frame data. Above that for too long and head gaskets become an issue. You'll know right away if it's hydrolocked or blows a nice steamy cloud of antifreeze on your next startup

Comment

Working...
          X