2003 20i Need help with Taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 20i Need help with Taps

Bought a 2003 20i a couple weeks ago..... past owner said she is not sure why the Taps wasn’t working, as it always worked fine for her. But I can’t figure it out. None of the Taps system works..... switch on throttle, gauge, plate..... where do I start?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind helps to know if it's a Bennett or Lenco. Cannyou post pics?? Do yeah hear any noise while trying switch at throttle??

Comment

No noise at all when I play with the switch..... it has the hydraulic fluid reservoir up front.... I’ll take a look to see if there is a Bennett or Lenco sticker on it....

Comment

I did not see any identifying name on parts, but here are some pics.

Comment

Obviously from the pictures, there are disconnected wires. I’m in the process right now checking all wires and connectors just to make sure that all looks good.

Comment

Is the reservoir full on ATF fluid? If you pull out that unit you can bench test it with a 12v battery.

I recently fixed my Bennet system (same power unit as you) and it started with a bad hydraulic motor, caused by bad o rings on the actuator which flooded my reservoir with water.

Comment

Originally posted by Majr808 View Post
              Is the reservoir full on ATF fluid? If you pull out that unit you can bench test it with a 12v battery.

I recently fixed my Bennet system (same power unit as you) and it started with a bad hydraulic motor, caused by bad o rings on the actuator which flooded my reservoir with water.

Before you pulled yours all apart, did anything make any noise at all when you played with the switch on the throttle? Mine acts as if it’s a “getting power” issue, thus the reason I am checking all connections first.

Comment

fuse off of the battery? My 05 has this setup.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
                  fuse off of the battery? My 05 has this setup.
                  I’ll be back in the boat tomorrow and I’ll check this out..... although I don’t recall seeing any fuse coming off the battery..... maybe it’s up behind the ignition switch? I’ll take a look.

Comment

BodegaErik if you have that pump it is a Bennett. The wires and solder connections at the switch are very small in the handle and sometimes break. As others have mentioned you can jump 12v to the pump to see if it runs. Then check continuity at switch wiring. If I remember white is the constant and the blue and green are switched, so check continuity the switch wires.

Comment

Found the problem!!

when I reached up where the wires go into the throttle, the wires fell out. So some how they got pinched and cut.

Question now is how do I take the throttle lever apart to wire up new

Comment

BodegaErik Were you able to figure out how to take the throttle lever apart? I think I am having the same issue on my 2003 21i but am having issues with removing the handle/ bulb on the throttle.

Comment

Working...
                        X