Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Speedset to 2007 20v

Hi all,

Anyone have experience adding speedset to a 2007 20V or similar? Is it possible? Is it DIY-able? Is it cost prohibitive?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Issue is finding a pad. IDBoating has the guts. The rubber and the chrome bezel is the parts that will be hard to find. Other than that, its a plug and play. Gauge may not be correct on the your screen but the cruise system will function.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

You may be able to add Perfect Pass to an 07. IIRC, 06 was the bastard MEFI ECM year.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We think the white plug with orange up near the steering cable is the SpeedSet connector. Can anyone offer their opinion? It appears to be the right size and the right number of pins as the rebuilt pad the dealer showed me.

Comment

Yep, thats it. Plug it in and validate the cruise switch has the grey/black and green(i think it was green) wires plugged into it. That will turn the system off and on. I don't believe you have the correct gauge that shows set speed and actual. Plug the pad in, be sure wires are going to cruise on/off switch and cycle that switch on. Does it change one of the displays in the gauges?
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hey KoolAid,

I plugged in my Speedset Pad but the system doesn’t work. I have an unused ACC switch that sits where the Cruise Control switch would be but the bottom spade is open. The switch works but it doesn’t control anything.

So, after your reply, I went hunting around and found 2 wires, grey/black and green/yellow. The grey/black is continuous to the ground block and continuous to the grey/black in my boat-side Deutsch plug. The green/yellow I couldn’t trace continuity anywhere.

Also, my boat-side plug has 6 of 12 pins used while the controller has 7 in use.

Any thoughts on which wire needs to be connected to the ACC switch to power up the Speedset or if the 6 vs 7 wires in the connector is the underlying issue?

Unsure how to proceed and don’t want to fry my pad test-plugging things in. :-)

Thanks!

Jimmy

Comment

Success!

Remove purple wire from middle spade on the starboard ACC switch and replace with grey/black wire. Then, put the green/yellow wire on the bottom spade, turn it on and check for “Set” in speedo LCD.

Done.

Comment

Working...
              X