Upgrade surf system Tige 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade surf system Tige 22

Hello! we want to independently upgrade the surf system on our Tige 22v 2004. now we use shapers by setting manually, because the stroke of the existing 60mm actuator is too small. I have thoughts to try to design a system by analogy with TAPS3, and therefore there are 2 questions in which I would like to ask for help. does anyone have taps3 side pads sizes? actuator stroke size?
    Can you give any other tips to improve the wave?

p.s. sorry for bad English

WakeGarage has a bunch of projects like this that you can reference. Here is a link to one of them.

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...slappers-r160/

I will say that the first thing I noticed is that your "slapper" seems pretty low in relation to your swim step, it may need to be raised some which means you would have to re-design and notch it around the hull at top edge. Not sure how much ballast you are running but if the top edge of the gate is buried below the water level at surf speed it will produce a sub-par/washy wave compared to when the top edge is at or above the water level at surf speed with all ballast set. You could try listing the boat some toward the surf side, this will help the wave be as clean as possible and also lift the slapper up some. With some list helping to crab the boat you may not even need an actuator with a longer stroke since the 2 things working together may give you just enough to produce the wave you are after.
    Last edited by TigeFamily; 09-08-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

If you can locate the attachment point of the actuator closer to the hinge of the plate, a shorter throw actuator would move the plate the same distance.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
        WakeGarage has a bunch of projects like this that you can reference. Here is a link to one of them.

https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...slappers-r160/

I will say that the first thing I noticed is that your "slapper" seems pretty low in relation to your swim step, it may need to be raised some which means you would have to re-design and notch it around the hull at top edge. Not sure how much ballast you are running but if the top edge of the gate is buried below the water level at surf speed it will produce a sub-par/washy wave compared to when the top edge is at or above the water level at surf speed with all ballast set. You could try listing the boat some toward the surf side, this will help the wave be as clean as possible and also lift the slapper up some. With some list helping to crab the boat you may not even need an actuator with a longer stroke since the 2 things working together may give you just enough to produce the wave you are after.

Thank you for good idea! increased the shaper by 3 inches in height and the flow from the non-surf board stopped breaking the wave on the surf side. but still the wave is not dense, and bubble. is this possible due to the table too wide and the folded shaper on the surf side?

Comment

watching the wave, we realized that the folded shaper on the working side was breaking it. after modification we received such a wave.

Comment

Very cool
            Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

we have improved our boat and you can see the result

Comment

Working...
              X