Neutral button won’t push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutral button won’t push

Maybe I’m just not doing something right...but have you had your neutral button get stuck? I can’t push it in and so I cannot rev the engine without getting into gear. It will push maybe 1/8 inch but feels rock solid at that point. Thoughts? 2014 RZ4 Indmar 6.0

If you are trying to run on the trailer and rev it you could just disconnect the end of the cable at the trans. Most the time you just slide the collar back and pull the end off the ball. Super quick. Probably quicker than monkeying with your throttle all afternoon.

Comment

Yeah, it’s in a slip most of the time and I’ve had some issues with it acting up when idling or going through long sections of no wake areas. A little rev would help it breathe better. So I’m trying to figure out why it won’t allow me to disengage the prop from motor.

Comment

Post a photo of the offending button but I actually think they're supposed to pull out.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Mine is a 2000, but to put it in neutral I have to pull the button out.

Comment

Manual says to push the button.

Capture.JPG

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I have attached a pic here. Maybe there is an adjustment or something?

Comment

Please identify where the button is located. I have the same livorsi throttle on my 2015 but there’s a neutral lockout button located forward of the shift lever pivot point but all I see in your pic are the Taps control, neutral lockout and the shift/throttle lever.
                Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I assumed I pushed here, at the center of the lever pivot. That’s what the manual indicates, you mention a separate button, but I can’t locate any other option.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If remove the small screw that hold the black plastic piece you can remove the plastic(a seal pick will help to remove it). Underneath are three more Allen head bolts. Maybe one came loose and is keeping you from pushing the button. Otherwise the issue is probably internal in the potentiometer portion of the throttle.

Comment

I’ll dig into it, thanks for the info, I haven’t been able to get into the boat all week! (Sigh) I’ll report back when I open up that area.

Comment

On a side note, I had a similar situation to what freeheel4life mentioned but on our waverunner. Bolt backed out and prevented forward movement of the gear shift. May explain the hard end feel.

Comment

I have to push that button in and lift the lever at the top, for mine to work Tige 2004 21i.

Comment

More Cowbell

I might have an old throttle on the shelf that will work for you if you find that the issue is internal on that one. Will need some pics of the backside of the throttle and harness to confirm if you wind up at that conclusion

Comment

Thanks all, finally back with the bot and will take it apart this week and let you know what I find. Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X