2013 Z3 House Battery Not Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z3 House Battery Not Charging

I have a 2013 Z3 and the house battery does not charge when the battery selector is in the 1 position. When the battery selector is in the combined position then the house battery will start to charge. I have checked the alternator, and both batteries.

When i run the boat in the 1 position I will eventually loose the radio, blower, bildge, etc. Until I combine them and let it charge back up.

13 probably had the marine pro isolator and its isn't working. You can either replace it(they don't have the greatest track record as you've found out). Re wire with an ACR. Or just run in combine all the time and be sure not to jam the tunes too long in the cove.

Might be worth testing the house battery as they don't usually like to get cycled down that low and the recharged repeatedly

Comment

I will check that out this afternoon, Thank you.

I am getting the red triangular warning light on the dash. Could this have anything to do with the battery system? Or is this a separate issue?
      When i turn the boat off and disconnect the batteries, then turn them back on a start back up, the warning light will go away. It will then come back on in a couple of minutes and beep every couple of minutes.

Comment

Red warning light is a code being set by engine. Need to get it scanned.

The isolator is a grey unit mounted to the transom behind the batteries. Theres some lights on it to indicate charging. You can meter the posts to verify but Ive replaced enough of them to feel confident its your issue.

Comment

IMO, the last two charge/isolator units Tige has used, have been problematic. The Pro-Charge and some unknown name unit. If thats what its found to be, id replace with a Bluesea unit. They have been bullet proof for me.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I figured the warning light had nothing to do with the charging system. But this boat has loads more electronics in it then my old boat so I figured it was worth an ask.

Do you have a specific part number for the Bluesea unit that you would recommend?

I did have another issue yall might know the answer to offhand. My Bidge pump will not turn on from the screen. (I do not remember if the color changed from orange to green). It will turn on when I use the switch under the dash. Is this a common issue that you have seen?

Thank you guys for all of the help.
            Last edited by Parnelli19; 06-25-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Check the fuse in the Medallion box(the big black box above and left of that manual rocker panel).

Blue sea 7610. Automatic Charging Relay. Be sure to get the 120A rated one and not the 65A.

Comment

Theres also a better way to wire it up, then the factory does, so keep this in mind when you go to purchase.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^x2 for this.

Comment

Working...
                  X